Thursday 31 December 2009

my 2009

I sit here in the wee hours of the morning of the last day of 2009. I always feel nostalgic, or at least, melancholy when I think another year is about to end. I bond with a year, weirdly, with the number, that is, and somehow mourn that that number is going by, dies, or fades like a burnt out star in the sky. See, I'm all poetic about it.

My child and husband are still asleep in the other room. I marvel at those two words; "child" & "husband", those who have read my journal since its inception will attest to how I wasn't the type of person who you'd imagine ending up with a 'child' and a 'husband'. I now think; 'how could I ever NOT' end up with those two amazing creatures in my life? I am hugely blessed. :-)

2009 was an incredible year for me;

I got married (albeit not with a lot of noise).



I was pregnant for 9 months and then gave birth to a child (with a LOT of noise ;)).





mummy & dylan





We moved to a bigger house;



(this is the view at the back)

I ran my first ever online art course;



We had a wonderful time in Spain:


and it snowed! (twice this year).

feb 2009:



dec 2009:




***

so those were my highlights. :-)

i hope to write a bit more in the new year as with dylan i've had much less time in the last 4 months to write and connect with my buddies here in the internetverse. i miss that.

current pre-occupations; i'm working hard on my next online art course 'fabulous faces' (registration opens next week some time) and we're trying to get the house ready with all the unpacking. still a lot to do, and every project/ task gets slowed down by little dylbee, but hey, such is life with an infant! :)

oh! i finished the commission for mark () and you can see it be created in my latest youtube art video here;






i wish you all a spectacular 2010 with much love, health, abundance, joy and 'being-here-now-ness'.


2 comments:

  1. Happy New year willow. I am looking forward to registration of the fab faces:) I want more art in my life in 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you jackie!!! hope to see you on the course! yay! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me. I appreciate you! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...