Sunday 8 January 2012

A Tam Update! (Finally!)


 me, published, eee!

Ok, so I've decided I need to do more and shorter blog posts instead of few, endlessly long ones! I've been mulling over a blog post forever now, not finding time, writing bits and bobs here and there and continuously remembering other things that need to be included in the post! I'm never gonna get to actually post that way and my last blog post was over a month ago; that gives me twitchy eye! And though I have good reasons for having neglected my blog, I just don't like it. I enjoy writing and I enjoy reading back over posts months and years later! So, without further ado, here is a mini update on all that has happened since I last wrote! :)

  • Elliot turned 6 weeks old this last Friday and he is amazing! He's already doing lots of smiles (melt!) and responds vocally when you talk to him. He's not too bad a sleeper and is generally a pretty chilled baby. Sleep - in particular - though I am never 'well-rested', is going a lot better than when I first had Dylan and I attribute this to the magic of 'lying down breastfeeding when he wakes at night'. With Dylan I never 'dared' to do that because I worried I might suffocate him or the blanket might or or or other endless fears. Now, there are many less fears. We're all a bit more chilled. So sleeping is more manageable than it ever was with Dylan.
    Here is his cute little smooshie face, smiling and all:


    Elliot - 4/5 weeks old

  • Speaking of lil Dylbee. He too is awesome. Though he does have tantrum and moody moments, he is generally a happy, cheerful, kind and well-adjusted little toddler man. His speech is going crazy now and he comes out with hilarious sayings and sweet stuff. He is also taking well to his little brother, though we are always vigilant because he can suddenly do something off like whack Elliot on the head out of nowhere (woops!). But overall, I worship the ground he walks on. It's crazy how much love you can feel for a little person like that.

    Here he is:

    Dylbee - 27 months

    Dylan - 27 months old

  • I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST! Finally! After my first fail, I was very nervous to try again, but did it. I feel like a 'proper' grown up now. LOL. I can finally drive a car, after all those years!
  • I got published in Somerset Studio Magazine!!! Woohoooo! I'm SO proud! It's the Jan/ Feb 2012 issue, AND, I will ALSO be published in Somerset Apprentice and Somerset Digital Magazines! (Which I think are the March editions). I feel so proud and humbled to have this opportunity to be published!! My goodness!


  •  Life Book has started off with an ALMIGHTY BANG! :-) Over 915+ people are now part of the experience and it's going fantastic! People are enthusiastically doing the work, posting it in the forums and Facebook/ Flickr groups and supporting each other with love and encouragement! It's truly humbling to see how wonderful everyone is to each other and the amazing art work they are already creating! It's NOT TOO LATE to join the course, if you want to be part of the fun, SIGN UP HERE.
So, those were the quick up dates. But more has happened. I've had some personal spiritual and emotional insights which I won't go into right now, but it did prompt me to choose my word for 2012 which will be:

OPEN

(more specifically: "breaking open", but more about this in another post).

And here some more pictures of the last couple of months!




Family Xmas Photo 2011 
 
Happy New Year from Us! :-) 
 
Here are some pictures I wanted to post a while back of Elliot's and my labour. 
 

Early Labour Elliot

Early labour, still relatively 'in control', was trying to do Byron Katie type exercises on 'pain' thoughts which were mildly effective. I remember calling the pain 'my friend coming to help me'. Ha ha. That changed later! It was no longer my friend but the "effing b*tch who could go to hell"! ;)

Second stage labour in birthing pool

Second stage, really wanting to be knocked out with anything at this point.
I would've agreed to a sledgehammer, I kid you not! 
It looks so serene doesn't it? It was anything but! LOL!


Second stage labour in birthing pool

Elliot minutes after birth

Minutes after Elliot was born.


Elliot minutes after birth

Minutes after Elliot was born.


Big bro & lil bro

Big bro & lil bro. :)

So, that was my version of a 'quick update' ha ha. I don't think I did too badly. ;) More stuff has happened and I want to write about more stuff in depth, but this will have to do for now.

Also, I'm aware of people suffering, which is always there for me. And I send out love love love and more love. 

Big hugs!

26 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being published! I love reading your blog posts, so yes please post more often :)

    Would you forgive me for saying this? your boobs look really big in that bathtub! No offense at all, it was the first thing that popped into my mind as I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, I wish I could have had a tub when I was in labor. I had mine in a US Army Hospital in Frankfurt, Germany! No frills births, both times. Dylan is such a little cutie, and Elliot seems a welcome addition to the group. They will have such fun together! Wait and see! It's great to have a brother to play with.

    Sally Bowen
    Baltimore, MD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being published (I have a copy of the mag!) and your beautiful new baby and wonderful water birth! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful blog post Tam,and lovely photos too. Congratulations on being published, that is awesome. Beverley xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of the boys together. Looks like big bro is visiting on his "coffee" break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are back to blogging, love hearing whats going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Tam! What a wonderful year you are having!!!! This post has me all choked up. Your little family is beyond precious. And I now wish you lived nearby so we could hang out, I think wed get along nicely :)I had my breaking open year awhile back, so I am shining a light back for you. :)

    Blessings,
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! These are such beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tam
    Really enjoying the Life Book course - great of you to being leading us on this when you have so much personal stuff happening too ! Lovely to see you getting published !
    I was late to driving too but wow did it change my life when I finally got that precious licence in my hand - hope you enjoy being Goddess of the Road now too ! Hugs Ali in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful children! Such amazing accomplishments! Keep it up Tam you are such an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Such good news about you being published... could not be better connected to your 'Open' theme of the year. Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tam! So many beautiful things happening!! Elliot is darling and I am sure he is bringing such joy to you. I know with my second child I loved watching the interaction between my daughter & her new brother. :)
    The first week of Life Book has been fabulous...love the lesson and community. Thank you so much. Congrats on being published too!! Sending you wishes of love & rest. XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so nice to hear about your journey and to be a witness to all the grand things happening in your life. Thank you for sharing yourself with us.

    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so heartwarming, thanks to having us nearby! I am very glad to be a member of the fabulous lifebook YOU ROCK ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures of your precious family. Your boys are growing up so fast. Elliot already 6 weeks old. I wouldn't have been teaching the huge course you are when my kids were so little. You are a very brave woman. Congrats on being published. Must be an amazing feeling. I have signed up for Life Book, but decided to do the Fabulous Faces course first and am so glad I did. I have already learned so much. Now on to Life Book. So much excitment in all the groups one can feel it. Thanks again for sharing. Take care of those beautiful boys and Andy. But most of all take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures of your precious family. Your boys are growing up so fast. Elliot already 6 weeks old. I wouldn't have been teaching the huge course you are when my kids were so little. You are a very brave woman. Congrats on being published. Must be an amazing feeling. I have signed up for Life Book, but decided to do the Fabulous Faces course first and am so glad I did. I have already learned so much. Now on to Life Book. So much excitment in all the groups one can feel it. Thanks again for sharing. Take care of those beautiful boys and Andy. But most of all take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tam congratulations on being published. It's incredibly exciting for you and well deserved! You boys are gorgeous and the birthing photos of Elliot just stunning! I am lovign my involvement with Lifebook and as soon as my paper arrives from the UK will start work on my pages!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never six weeks old already??! Those photos of you are incredible and look as though they were carefully posed although I know only too well they were anything but! :o) Very well done with the driving and the magazine, an amazing start to the year!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your publishing...and the birth!! But, I think the births are your greatest creations :):):) You are a brave gal....to show some of your pictures. They are wonderful!! Thanks for sharing with us...and I just joined the Lifebook----it totally ROCKS!!!! Many Blessings to you and your family! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just had to share: my word for the year is "open" as well...+ the word "aware". Congrats on being in Somerset Studio (& the ones to come)...enjoyed reading your article! ~H♥~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for your lovely comments everyone! :) Smooch!

    Lucy: yep, my boobs look big because THEY ARE! :) ha ha!

    Sheri: wished we lived closer too! Would love to meet up for a cuppa tea! :)

    Jess: I know, 6 weeks already: it goes SO Fast!

    Heather: my word for last year was: 'awareness'! How cool we're totally in tune with our word of the year! :)

    Margene: it's not easy running a big course with 2 little ones, but I have a lot of support from husband and child minder, so it's doable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely to hear from you! I love the pictures and look forward to hear about the deeper stuff, too! love from Monika from Poland

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah congratulations - so much output in so little time :-) !! Your two little boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on being published! WOW! I'm so thrilled for you :)
    And thanks for sharing the beautiful pics, too <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. :) A big congrats on everything, Lifebook, getting published, and little Elliot. But I just got excited when I saw your word was Open, because that is the word that chose methinks year, and I thought I would be the only one living open this year. Now I find there are at least three of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. MAGIC ! Magnifique, un bel hommage à la vie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me. I appreciate you! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...